Sunday, November 18, 2007

Just When You Thought You Were Safe

Damn. Just when I thought I was safe. I had it all figured out. I thought if I stayed out of the Vancouver airport the chances of me getting a 50,000 Volt electric chair sans chair was minimal. And then I saw this piece of unpleasant news:

Canadian police commissioner says airport officers reassigned after Taser death

Yeah, the stupid buggers could be anywhere now. Would have been better to leave them in place, at least then we knew where they were. But no, they had to reassign them. You could now be "hit" by a mad zapper from St John's to the Queen Charlotte Islands.

A good link on the whole issue, including the video tape which proves the initial RCMP statements of the incident were lies, is here:

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2007/11/14/bc-taservideo.html

Subsequent to the video coming out I heard the interview below with the RCMP on "As It Happens". The officer interviewed gave one of the worst interviews I've ever heard; absolutely blew it. They've got a lot of explaining to do. If anyone else did what they just did they'd be in jail for many, many years. Or in the case of Texas, executed.

2007-11-15 As It Happens Daily

Accountability. The R.C.M.P. and Vancouver's Airport Authority react to the release of a video showing a man being lethally Tasered by police.

Right click to Download
2007-11-15 As It Happens Daily
[mp3 file: runs 19:42]

No comments: